For Spaghetti Pasta
- pinch of salt
- 600g all purpose flour
- 6 eggs
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup raw slivered almonds
- 2 large roasted purple beets, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt
- 1 bunch sweet basil chopped for garnish
What to do:
- To make the pasta, mix all of the ingredients together in a food processor until the dough comes together. Then add gather in a ball.
- Wrap in clingfilm and refrigerate for about 15 minutes.
- Place the garlic and almonds in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the blade attachment and pulse until the almonds are a fine meal and the garlic is minced. Add the beets, olive oil, and vinegar and pulse until you have a smooth pesto-like sauce
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Take out pasta dough and using a pasta machine, make the spagetti(you can refrigerate if you prefer the spagetti to stand a while, decreasing the gluten)
- Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook until al dente.
- When the pasta is ready, drain and toss with the pesto and season to taste with kosher salt. Serve hot. (If you want to serve the pasta at room temperature or chilled, rinse the pasta with cold water before tossing with the pesto.)
- Serve with Handful of basil leaves(chopped or leaves) and a nugget of marscapone.
- I add corinder marsala & chilli and serve with Naan Breads as an option(try making butternut spagetti as a gluten-free alternative).